What is FOBS?
Friends of Barrington School (FOBS) is the Parent Teacher Association for Barrington Primary School.
What does FOBS do?
Friends of Barrington School (FOBS), a registered charity run by volunteers, is involved in many aspects of school life, organising fundraising and social events, and promoting a sense of community and belonging between families, the village and the school.
FOBS raises money to provide special equipment and experiences for the school that could not otherwise be provided. Every penny raised by FOBS is spent on resources and equipment, to support and enrich the children’s learning to benefit all members of the Barrington School community.
The school and local community benefit from many fun events organised by FOBS throughout the year including a Christmas Bazaar, Summer Fair, disco for the children, family events, theatre productions, school trips and much more.
FOBS can help parents/carers to:
- improve the school's facilities, community spirit and partnership with parents
- socialise and get to know each other whilst taking part in a range of activities
- find out more about how the school works, developing effective partnerships with the teaching and non-teaching staff
- fundraise for extra items or services to enrich the children's education
- increase their own knowledge and skills
FOBS can help our children:
- receive a richer education as a result of items bought by FOBS
- benefit from parents' increased understanding of the school
- socialise by taking part in fundraising events and activities
- understand the importance of giving
FOBS can help the school:
- reach potential volunteers and enthusiasts who may help with school projects
- enhance the profile and awareness of the school within the local community