Values and Aims
Learning is at the centre of all we do; we strive to provide an engagng education which appeals to the many interests of the children. We work hard and strive for excellence in our school; our aim is that everyone in our school reaches the highest standards of achievement possible whilst becoming confident and independent.
The aim of Barrington School is to provide a happy, safe and stimulating atmosphere where:
- Christian values are promoted
- Respect for others and personal responsibility are expected
- Children enjoy learning and are confident and willing to try
- High academic standards are encouraged and the needs of every child are met
- Teachers, parents and carers work together as partners in their children‟s education
- Foundations for life long learning are established
- Children develop independent learning skills
- Community spirit is fostered
The Friends of Barrington School (FOBS) play a very important role in the life of the School, as indeed do all of our parents, as partners in the education process. We also have very strong links with our local church and Rev. Felicity visits weekly to lead collective worship.
A website can only provide a snapshot of a school so I would encourage you to visit us to experience the special atmosphere and meet our dedicated team. Please contact Mrs Lindley or Mrs Bream in our office if you have further queries or would like to visit us.
Christian Values Quotes from the children
- If someone falls over when they are playing and no one helps, that isn’t justice. Cameron
- If one class get 10 minutes of a treat and another class get 5 minutes, that isn’t justice. Taylor
- Making sure people get a fair amount. Joshua
- Not leaving someone out. Molly
- Being kind and fair. Jess